Whether you know it or not…
You are a head of the game and stronger than you realize.
Your plate is over loaded (Hell it isn’t even a plate it is a platter.)
You feel the weight of the world on your shoulder and have ever reason in the world to feel this way.
Does anyone care?
They look at you and say, “Why should I feel bad for her, she is the one that made the wrong choices and got herself into this mess in the first place.”
They make it sound like you did it on purpose.
Not so much….
- Shit happens and people change or we just plain marry the wrong person.
- Maybe the father of your kids drinks too much and you couldn’t take it anymore.
- Maybe he liked to fool around on you and you finally got smart and said, “enough of this crap.”
- Maybe he was lazy and you got tired of trying to hold him up.
- Maybe he is not nice to the kids.
- Maybe he verbally abused you or was physical abusive.
- Maybe he was never there and you got tired of being alone.
Whatever the reason is, pat yourself on the back…
Because you had enough balls to get out of the mess…
Now is the time to look and concentrate on the positive side of this shitty situation.
After all you did get rid of the A hole.
- Now you get to learn how to unstop a toilet.
- Fix the plumbing if the occasion calls for it.
- You always knew you could mow a lawn if you had to and even edge it.
- You have now learned to fix a sprinkler head if you are lucky enough to have a yard.
If not, maybe you should feel lucky because you don’t have to do all that outside work. (You don’t have time for it anyway.)
You finally found a good baby sitter and they aren’t costing you your whole pay check and she loves your kids. (Grandma’s do make good sitters if you are still looking for one, even if they are someone else’s grandma.)
Yes, it is going to take time to rebuild your life, but it will happen.
- Don’t worry about tomorrow; it is going to be there when you get there…
- Don’t try to jump into a new relationship right away. Your kids are your main priority right now.
- Find out about yourself and why you may have made the mistake in marrying this person in the first place. There is a reason this happened and it is very important you figure this out, so you don’t make the same mistake.
- Enjoy those little moments with your kids and don’t worry about screwing them up because of the divorce. Know body is a perfect parent.
And so you know, even kids with both parents get messed up…
This is a good thing too, because when any kid becomes an adult they have to find something wrong with the way they were raised.
This is called human kid behavior…
“Somebody has to be the blame for me being screwed up,” is what they are going to tell you later in life.
So as a single parent you don’t have to take credit for them being screwed up, it is your ex’s fault for not being there or because he is such a dirt bag.
Seriously, your kids are going to turn out just fine.
Maybe even better than fine, because as a single mom you are teaching them hands on when it comes to solving problems, being grateful for what they do have and what real love is all about.
Many 2 parent households can really mess up their kids by always giving them everything they want.
Where your kids are getting what they NEED.
They can always look forward to something, because there are still things they WANT, that have to wait.
Work is another good thing. They are learning to work together and take care of each other. When it comes to helping out around the house, they know firsthand how this works, because mom has to hold down a job maybe even 2 jobs at a time.
They learn to cook, clean even if it is the toilet and they are learning how to do laundry.
Single mothers are strong hardworking ladies, because of the situation your kids will also become survivors all there life.
So instead of looking at the situation in a negative way, start concentrating on the positive side of being a single mom.
- By the way when the kids go to bed you can watch whatever you want on TV.
- And there isn’t another person around to clean up after or account too.
- You can even paint your bedroom pink if you feel the need.
- NO man cave needed.
- It is easier to cook meals.
As for the sex…
Was it really that great when you were married?
Get yourself some good girl friends and some wine (as a single mom you can afford that, you can find a bottle for about 5 to 8 bucks) and enjoy yourself once in a while. (Maybe it will help take your mind off the sex part)
You had enough sense to get out of a bad situation, when there are many women that stay put just because they think it is easier.
YOU ARE A WARRIOR AND SEXY AT THAT!
You took the hard road and it is going to make you and your kids stronger, better and tougher.
Congratulations and Hugs to you!