Motherhood is going to be wonderful, but is it a boy or girl?
With today technology in a few months you can find out what the sex of this special little baby is going to be. The question is, “Do you want to know” or “Do you want to be surprise.”
I know for me that first one really didn’t make any difference, other than having a big brother of my own; I always felt it was nice for a girl to have a big brother.
For me…. it was a girl and I was happy that she was healthy and of course being the mommy; she was the most beautiful baby the world had ever seen.
What happens when you are really set on one sex?
You could drive yourself nut.
Here is what happened to me when I had my second buddle of joy.
I have to say, “I was really wanting that baby boy”.
I did not get that boy!
Was I disappointed? ‘Only for a second.’
You see she was born breech! Thank heaven she was only 4 pounds and 2 ounce. No she was not premature.
When they first told me it was a girl I wanted to cry and then I realized that she was not crying and my heart stopped.
I didn’t care whether if it was a girl, boy or a baby goat I just wanted to hear her cry.
Finally I heard her cry and it was the most beautiful moment in my life. It didn’t matter anymore, as long as she was healthy and strong.
(By the way the Doctor billed me for a circumcision, because we were so sure it was a boy) I told him that he did too good of a job!
Sex isn’t the most important thing when it comes to having a new baby.
- Having a healthy baby is more important.
- Having a happy baby is more important.
When you get down to it there are advantages and disadvantages to either sex.
It’s like this….
- Having boys you have to be very careful when changing that diaper, you could get a shower you really didn’t want.
- With girls never teach them about teen hormones, they will use it against you ever chance they get.
- Boys can really bring in the dirt, where girls are more aware of the dirt.
- With girls you can go to the bathroom and know that it is safe to say, “I don’t have to worry about falling in.”
- Boys as they get a little older can eat you out of house and home, where girls do leave a few leftovers most of the time.
- Boys have more toys that you can trip over and really take out a toe or two. The dolls are a little softer to trip over. (Ok, depending on the doll.) But those trucks, Lego’s and cars can kill you.
- Girls are mouthier, where boys just say, “Whatever”.
- Girls do end up costing you more; those weddings can be a killer. You always thought you were saving for retirement until the little princess says she is getting married.
- Now boys when they get married you wished they would come for a visit on the holidays, but they usually end up at their in-laws house. Have to keep that wife happy after all.
When I was born my mother told me she cried, because I was a girl. She already had 3 girls and just the one boy. I think I would have cried too.
But when I got to the teen years she told me, “God knew what he has doing when I was born a girl.” (I was a bit feisty, ok maybe quite a bit feisty).
Does it really matter what sex your child is?
There is always a reason and sometimes we have no idea why we may have all girls or all boys. And some people have 1 of each sex.
For me I ended up with 3 girls. When I was pregnant with my 3rd the doctor asks me if I wanted to find out the sex. I told him no, because maybe I wouldn’t take as good of care of myself (you know eat right and all that) if I knew it was another girls.
My only thought was, “God if this has to be another girls, let her be bald headed”, because I really don’t want another head of hair to fix.”
Yeh, he got that one wrong; she had more hair than the other 2 and trust me, they were not lacking in the hair department. (The oldest one had her first hair cut at 3 months.)
After being a single mom, I am very glad that I had 3 girls and no boys. It would have been hard to teach them the many things that fathers teach their son’s. Maybe someone knew what they were doing when I ended up with the 3 girls?
Now I am happy to say I have 5 granddaughters and 3 grandsons.
I have to admit those boys seem to be easier. Dude, they don’t really seem to care about anything, they just go with you. Have to love that.
Regardless of what you want and what you get, remember all kids want; is love, boundaries and guided. (This mean hugs every day, even when they think they don’t want or need them)
So, now I would like to hear your take when it comes to your kids!
Are you happy with their sex or do you wish you could trade them in for a new model?
(No this trade in policy does not count when we are talking about teenagers.) Trust me, NO one wants them. It is up to you when it comes to raising kids to wade through those years. (And sometimes you have to swim like crazy to get through those years.)
P.S. By the way if you have boys and girls, which do you think is the easiest when it comes to raising kids?