This is a guest post from M.Farouk Radwan the founder of http://www.2knowmyself.com
Sometimes stress becomes unavoidable in our lives like when we have to work for a stressful job. In such a case where stress prevention methods might bring little results you need other ways to ease the stress you get subjected to, before it can harm you.
If you managed to channel the stress you get subjected to correctly then it will have minimal effect on your mental and physical health.
The Top 5 ideas for getting rid of your stress
1) Go to a silent place: Noise and all sources of distraction in general contribute to your stress. One of the best ways you can use to reduce stress is to find a silent place to sit at. Not only you will have better focus and be able to concentrate more, but you will also feel much better. Dedicate half an hour each day where you sit at that place and watch your mood improving.
2) Laugh: Laughing reduces stress, of course no one can force himself to laugh unless something really funny is going on and that’s why you must find some free time to watch any comedy show. You don’t have to do that more than half an hour but it will help a great deal.
3) Take a good break: When people get stressed they sometimes do the mistake of working harder or increasing the number of working hours without getting a break. This in turn adds to their stress and makes them feel worse. Take at least one day off each week and don’t do anything related to work on that day. If you are badly stressed then you might need more than one day to recover.
4) Exercise 3 times a week: Exercising doesn’t just improve physical health but it improves your mental health as well. If you had a long stressful workday then nothing can help more than a 30 minute walk. Once exercising becomes a fixed part of your weekly routine stress hormones will be reduced in your body and you will become in a better mental state.
5) Don’t escape from your problems: Some people try to solve the stress problem by escaping from their problems and as a result they feel even worse after sometime. The best way to deal with stress and all other emotional problems is to face the problem that caused them. While running from a problem can provide a temporary relief; sooner or later bad feelings will accumulate and you will find yourself feeling worse.
Do you know that eating the right food can help you feel less stressed?
It was found that a balanced diet that doesn’t contain junk food can help your body get rid of the hormones that causes stress.
Learn how to follow a healthy balanced diet and your life will become much less stressful.
Are you living a stress free life?
M.Farouk Radwan is the founder of http://www.2knowmyself.com, a website that has more than 2000 self help, psychology and personal development articles. Farouk is a full time blogger who makes a living by selling his books on his blog.